Error Correction Exercises: Cambridge FCE with Answers
language learning solutions
ERROR CORRECTION 03
(FCE Use of English Part 4)
Some of the lines in this exercise are correct; others have a word which should not be there. Which lines are correct? Which are wrong, and what is the unnecessary word.
01. Mr George Wilton, a schoolmaster of Epping, England, has been got in trouble.
02. It seems he told to his class of 9-year-old girls to write kidnap letters and demands for ransom.
03. One of the parents, a Mrs Virginia Waters, said, “We only discovered
04. this dreadful thing during an evening class then for some of the mothers in knitting.
05. The notes were pinned up to the classroom wall.”
06. Another parent, the Mrs Joan Dripper, said, “My child’s note read,
07. ‘I have kidnapped your daughter and demand for £25. As proof, I enclose her head.’”
08. Another note said that, “We have captured the board of school directors
09. and your head teacher, Mrs Stallworthy. Unless school dinners are the better,
10. they will be allowed to starve. From Beryl and Diana.”
11. A psychiatrist described the exercise as “not a very good idea”.