05 PRESENT TENSES
Give the correct forms of the present continuous and simple present in the following sentences:
1. What time you (want) breakfast in the morning?
2. I (eat) normally at seven, but when I (take) an early flight I (grab) a cup of coffee at six.
3. (take) you an early flight tomorrow?
4. No. I (visit) our local office in the morning and then (catch) a lunchtime plane to Paris.
5. Who (see) you in Paris?
6. I (meet) Gustav Leroux, our French agent. He (live) in Paris and (run) our French subsidiary.
7. (keep) you him up to the mark?
8. That (be) not necessary. He (set) a high standard.
9. What (mean) you?
10. Our French operation (make) a higher return per dollar invested than we (do) in Detroit.
11. Why (go) you over there then?
12. We (think) of expanding into Spain. Personally, I (not think) it (be) a good idea. What (think) you?
13. I (suppose) if you (have) an office in Paris, you (want) to make the best use of it.
14. It (appear) that Leroux (speak) Spanish fluently. His family (belong) to the Pyrenees, and his mother (be) Spanish.
15. What (believe) you (be) the problem then?
16. I (worry) about next year. If Leroux (succeed) in Spain, we (give) him control of the whole European operation.
17. (matter) that?
18. You (bet) it (do). Leroux (speak) not just French, Spanish and English. He (understand) German as well.
19. You (mean)...
20. Yes. If Leroux (run) everything, what (do) I?
©English Teaching Systems May 2000