08 USE OF THE PAST CONTINUOUS AND PAST SIMPLE
Give the correct forms of the verbs:
01. I (fall) when I (cross) the road.
02. I (drop) my bag when I (board) the plane.
03. I (get) wet while (walk) in the rain.
04. Whenever the politician (open) his mouth to speak the crowd (shout) insults.
05. While the maid (clean) the room a skeleton (fall) out of the cupboard.
06. As soon as he (get) under the shower, the doorbell (ring).
07. They (slip) and (fall) while they (climb) the mountain.
08. While I (sightsee) in London I (hide) my money in my socks.
09. As they (fly) from Stockholm to Moscow, the starboard engine (burst) into flames.
10. When she (have) lunch a waiter (drop) a plate of soup in her lap.
11. As it (rain) their mother (cancel) the picnic.
12. When he (cycle) downhill, the brakes (fail) and he only (avoid) a serious accident by steering into a friendly rhododendron bush.
©English Teaching Systems September 2000