11 IRREGULAR PAST TENSE REVIEW
Give the correct past form of the verb.
01. The referee (bear) with fortitude the insults of the football hooligans.
02. His captors (bind) him hand and foot.
03. His artery severed, the injured man (bleed) to death before help could be summoned.
04. He (breed) tropical fish as a hobby.
05. Not until they had built the bridge did they discover that it swayed dangerously when the west wind (blow).
06. For two days the drowning man (cling) to the lifebelt.
07. As fast as their father (blow) up the balloons, the children (burst) them.
08. From dawn to dusk, the gardener (dig) the garden.
09. At the weekend, our neighbours (fling) a noisy party to which they did not invite us.
10. Scottish law (forbid) the playing of golf on Sundays.
11. When he got angry, he (grind) his teeth.
12. The philosopher (seek) the truth.
13. The clock was slow so I (wind) it on.
14. It hurt when the elephant (tread) on his foot.
15. The pig sty (stink).
©English Teaching Systems September 2000