28 BASIC USE OF GERUND (VERBAL NOUN/-ING FORM)
I hope you don't object to my smoking.
She didn't like going shopping.
The child admitted taking the sweets.
Rewrite all the following sentences, using the gerund. A little simplification/re-writing may be needed.
01. Do you mind if I smoke?
02. Did she insist that you stop?
03. Why don't you admit that you took it?
04. Do you mean to say that you deny you took the book?
05. Have you considered the fact that you ought to work harder?
06. Will they mind if I call on them?
07. They won't like you to be late, will they?
08. Do they allow you to smoke in the theatre?
09. The students denied that they had played the practical joke.
10. Would you mind if I opened the window?
11. They have put off the game until tomorrow. (use "postpone")
12. He said that he couldn't stand the way she sang.
13. I don't care for the fact that she sings.
14. Why should he object to the fact that I sing?