USE OF THE GERUND
30 Gerund or Infinitive: "-ing" or "to"
Answers. These are easy and an intermediate student should have them all correct with no difficulty at all.
01. I can't think of going to visit her in hospital without buying some flowers.
02. The examiner gave the students some time to think.
03. The band plans to start playing by 9pm.
04. The play is programmed to start at 7pm, so we have decided to meet at 6.30.
05. I am looking forward to seeing the film again.
06. I intend to study English to understand American business methods.
07. She still plans on marrying him even after he refused to buy an engagement ring.
08. I cannot resist eating fish and chips when I am in England.
09. She enjoys going to parties and dancing in discos all night long.
10. I stopped living in London when I realised it was time for me to move on.
11. Don't forget to turn off the heating before leaving the house.
12. I understood buying red roses for your girlfriend on St Valentine's Day was a bit old-fashioned.