These sentences, dealing with mainly the common forms "write down" and "write off" should not have been too difficult.
1. Write it down before you forget it.
2. In a sale, prices are written down.
3. The journalist wrote up the story for the newspaper.
4. After the accident, the car was a wreck, a complete write-off.
5. It is no use to us any longer. Write it off.
6. Do you want cash, or shall I write a cheque?
7. That debt cannot be collected. You had better write it off.
8. There were only three serious challengers. The rest could be written off.
9. The train timetable is written up inside the station.
10. The play received a good write-up in the papers.
©English Teaching Systems April 2000